Foster Hope & Love
Hundreds of children in Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties need a place where they feel safe, protected, and loved.
Open Your Heart to a Local Child
There is an urgent to need for Foster Parents in Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties. Hundreds of children have suffered abuse, neglect, or abandonment, and need safe, loving foster homes – especially older youth and sibling groups. Ask yourself if you feel called to change a life for the better by opening your heart and home as a Foster Parent. Foster Parents provide a loving, temporary refuge to children who enter the foster care system through no fault of their own. Children stay with Foster Parents until a permanent living arrangement is achieved – such as adoption or reunification with their biological families. By caring for a child in Miami or the Keys when they need it most, you can make a difference for a lifetime in a relatively short time. Resources
You don't have to be rich, married or a homeowner to foster.
Foster Parents have diverse backgrounds, practice many faiths, and are at many different points in their lives. The biggest and most important requirement is love!
To ensure the safety of each child in care
We are looking for people who:
- Are at least 21 years of age. Have enough physical space in their home to accommodate children.
- Are willing to work in partnership with everyone involved in the child’s life to meet the child's needs.
- Are dedicated to helping the child be reunified with his or her biological family.
- Are financially able to provide for their present needs and family emergencies.
- Are able to attend the required training sessions.
- Consent to criminal and child abuse registry checks and pass a health inspection of their home.
Steps to Becoming a Foster Parent
Contact Citrus Family Care Network to receive answers to your questions and discuss your unique situation.